Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Well, so far the training hasn't gone to plan! Have good excuse though - on Sunday my partner and I had our second son - William. Mother and baby are doing well. Hope to get some training in today.

This evening-
30 minute core routine (will post the details soon)

1.5km swim with wetronome www.wetronome.com This is a little bleeper that goes under a swimming cap and either bleeps after a time so you can hit the wall at the desired time or bleeps so often per minute to help you time your stroke. Have been experimenting where my ideal stroke rate is - tonight was 56/min which felt about right for racing. The idea I think is to stop you gliding too much and therefore slowing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment