Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 13 June 2010

7 weeks to go

Brick; Cycle 80km medium pace Run 10km IMP

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/36665684
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/36665688

Plan was to set the bike up for next weekend and run 10km off the bike race pace.

Added some classic video of Sian Welch and Wendy Ingraham.

Thoughts today were about heart rate and intensity;  because the bike supports you, the heart rate is usually less on the bike than the run for a given intensity. There is usually a difference of about 7/min so if you plan to run at say 147, similar metabolic demands would be placed on the body if you cycled at 140.

No comments:

Post a Comment