Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 19 June 2010

Drive to half ironman - registration, packing transition bags, racking bike, pitching tent etc,

If the A race this year was this half ironman the week would have had the following sessions;

Monday; Cycle 2hours dead flat easy gears, swim tempo 3.6km main set 6x50m and 6x400m
Tuesday; Rest
Wednesday; Swim drill
Thursday; Cycle 90km with 3-4x15km at race pace on 5mins recovery run off bike 10km at race pace with 4km cool down, swim 3km drill (pull and paddles)
Friday; Rest
Saturday; Cycle very light 30km
Sunday; Race

Will do a page on what went into the transition bags and what I will change - this is mainly for me, to save time for the full in 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment