Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Swim 2.5km

Just thinking about whatever part of my stroke I think needs work - there are loads!!!

Blowing out continuously when head under water
Rotating enough - probably a little less on my right
Entering water with straight hand
Keeping palms down when extend - not showing palms to front wall!
Keeping; wrist below elbow, elbow below shoulder
Not dropping elbow - which I can't seem to do on the right - am working on this by trying to visualise getting my shoulder out of the water and throwing it over my elbow - obviously physically impossible but works.
Elbow leading the recovery above wrist
Keeping pressure against whole forearm
Not lifting head to breathe but breathing into the bow wave (keeping one goggle under water)
Stretching so feels like tight band between pubic bone and xiphisternum
Just brushing toes together when kick
Keeping kick within frontal area of body
Pointing toes
Early vertical forearm

the list goes on and on!!!

I met Terry Laughlin the founder of total immersion swimming at the Noosa triathlon in 2003 he said if you only concentrated on one thing whilst swimming you would go faster as a result.

http://www.totalimmersion.co.uk/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment