Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Swim 9 x 200m at CSS on 25-50 sec

Plan was to do 10 sets (adding one a week) but had collision with someone not looking where they were going - I came off worse. Felt the benefit of the drills on Monday so plan to keep them going.

Massage in afternoon with Mark Edmonds http://www.1stopbodyshop.co.uk/welcome.html He used to be one of the fastest triathletes in the country - it has taken me a while to find someone who knows what they are doing. I'm always a bit suspect of massage and whether it's worth the money but Mark comes highly recommended.

Went to cycle fit to get some spare screws for my cleats, a very expensive bike shop - I asked what the most expensive one they've sold was - answer "oh quite a few for £12,000"

Currently working on an article about carbo-loading; just doing the maths side of things to see if it all hangs together.

No comments:

Post a Comment