Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Brick

Turbo 1.5 hrs easy. With 12 x 30 sec at 40km pace at 110rpm on 2.5mins recovery
Run - 45mins off bike easy. With 6-7 x 60sec at 10km race pace on 1min recovery

Right foot felt much better, so debate in my head is whether to go with the "racing flats" or the trainers I normally use.
Bike position still can't get right - i'm starting to think it may just be necessary to warm up into it and I shouldn't expect to feel comfortable at the start.
It's slightly frustrating to be this close and still have some decisions that are up in the air - think I have to accept this, there will always be more that can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment