Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 25 July 2010

1 WEEK TO GO


Brick

Turbo 2.5 hrs with 5 x 4km at threshold on same time recovery (done as 250W x 6min at 90rpm)
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41743626
Run off bike - 13km at IMP
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41743628

Felt great on the run so went a bit too fast - if i'm lucky enough to feel like this next Sunday I need to really work on the discipline to slow down - i'd be paying later if I don't, it"s a long way. My absolute ceiling must be 4min/km but really want to be well away from this. The foot was painful - tried a corn plaster! to "off load it"


That's where the turbo gets done. 
Position wise could be moved forwards a bit more and up on the saddle but only possible to do that slowly - aim would be to make more of a right angle at the elbow. 

Plan for week
Mon: Rest
Tue: 1.5hrs easy aerobic bike with 12x 30sec surges Run 45 min with 6-7 surges, swim 1-2km easy
Wed: Cycle 50km easy Swim 2km easy
Thur: cycle 40mins easy just trace pedals run - 25min v. easy swim 1km just roll arms over
Fri: Rest
Sat: 20km slow ride Swim 10-15min easy
Sun: Race


No comments:

Post a Comment