Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 8 July 2010

Plan was to swim as:

Warm up,
Set: 5x400m on 20sec rest at IMP with pull buoy (pull buoy simulates buoyancy of wet suit I think)
Warm down

But my swimming pool was flooded - only in Peckham!

Initial frustration quickly gave way to taking a fatalistic view. I have tried to develop an attitude of doing the right thing/putting the work in but handing over the results. There are some good studies on happiness that have shown that what you do often has little bearing on the results. It comes back to, control the controllables and don't worry about the rest, or as i've heard it put, row the boat but don't worry about the destination. Think I may be labouring this too much, but it's a lot like getting a puncture on the bike - virtually no one can just get on with it and see it for what it is "a puncture" and nothing else. Do the next thing that is needed and mend it.

So did Core at home and Stretching. Looked after Will, did some reading for work and Ella got some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment