Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 1 July 2010

Run (1 hour drill + later 10km easy aerobic)

Running drills training at http://www.runningschool.co.uk/

Thought I would get some input about technique - figured i'd like to do this at some point. Will try not to make any changes before the race though.
Little bit surprised that looks like all you have to do is move your arms more and get your heel up to your bum. Thought there would be a little more to it - more will be revealed.

Good advice on the stretches and strength exercises that help running. I had got wind that there was a change in sentiment about core training going on - that rotational strength is what really counts. I'll put these exercises in the injury prevention link.

Also added some info on the different turbo sessions you can do (in drills link)

Looked at the bike course and plotted it out with bikehike.co.uk - instructions on the ironman website were pretty bad. If you want the garmin file drop me a line.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, You are starting to scare me!!! I am Lee Price, Anna Price's sister. We both went to the heber and Anna was a year above simon. I am also doing the UK ironman on 1st August, my first one. I wish you all the very best for the day and hope you achieve your goals, at the momennt i will be happy to fnish, good luck lee

    ReplyDelete