Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 17 June 2011

Run 

2 hours
- raining in London so went to the gym and did this on the treadmill - mentally difficult especially the first half. There's a mirror in front which is good to look at technique but bad for the obvious reasons!

- pace was 1hour relatively easy (11km/hr) then building up to IMP for the last 25 mins. I wanted to go up to 14km/hr but had to settle for 13km/hr as had some left inner knee pain and some soreness in the right achilles and hamstring. It's amazing how at the time this was a heart sink moment. Now I can see it as just a bad patch at the time.

So that's the longest i've ever done on a treadmill - wouldn't like to do any longer.
Incline was 3% - i'm not sure what it should be to compensate for air resistance etc,

No comments:

Post a Comment