Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 9 June 2011

Swim

(am) 2km Drill
Warm up, PT paddles, ankle band, single arm drill, cool down.

PT paddles improve the catch at the beginning of the stroke. You get a few odd looks though.
http://www.finisinc.com/equipment/technical-products/paddles/pt-paddles.html

If you can swim well with a band around your ankles you are a good swimmer. I can manage about a length. You need to eliminate dead spots in the stroke and up your rate. In the years to come I hope to get better at this.

(pm) Core

I wanted to do a turbo. Started but it just wasn't happening - called it a day and did core work (30mins)
1. Rolling plank x 20
2. Siscor kicks 3 x 20
3. Bridge x 20
4. Lying windscreen wipers or metronome x 25
5. Prone "supermans" 10/10/10
6. Cross crunch on swiss ball x 20
7. Side leg raises - 3 positions x each side x 20 (Jane Fonda's)
8. Reverse sit up (slow going down) x 20
9. Donkey kicks 10/10/10

Had been doing a sign language course for George today and then had to rush off to pick him up as he was vomiting at nursery - hence dropping the turbo.


No comments:

Post a Comment