Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Brick


Turbo
Warm up 10mins
Increase intensity over next 10mins
Set 5 x 5min with 90 sec recovery at threshold holding 95-105rpm
Warm down 5mins


Run (off bike)
4 x 4min at mid threshold on 2min jog recovery
Warm down 15min


I was keen to get on the bike today and see what the alterations felt like. The left knee is playing up so added yet another wedge which did improve it. It's so worrying making these changes now but 112miles is a long time to be uncomfortable. Anyway it all went well. Run off the bike felt great, I wasn't really sure what threshold meant - I did it at 10km pace.


Update on the compression tights - think they made a big difference having them on overnight.


I've added a link to my website as i've just put the summary of the reading on protein i've been doing. Next to go up will be carb loading.


Also cycling with the boys today. It was like kindergarten cop in our house all day. Had a break and met a friend Lotfi I swim with, for a coffee and a chat at Borough market. Pret a manger chocolate mouse - yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment