Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Run

60mins treadmill
This was the first significant run since the race. I took it fairly easy and did a few repetitions at fairly steep inclines and a few minutes around race pace 14km/hr.
Just a bit of internal rotation of the right leg and minor niggles which are only to be expected.

Took the boys to the park and took the skipping rope for a bit of plyometric exercise. This is graded by the number of foot contacts. I did 100 and will build on this gradually.

After the treadmill I did some hip thrusts;


This is recommended as one of the best exercises for developing posterior chain strength. Apparently Lance Armstrong could lift the sort of weight only professional rugby players can. A far cry from what I was doing! (that's not me in the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment