Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 12 August 2011

Turbo

30min Warm up
20min x 250W x 90rpm
10 min Cool down

Just a short session as I prepare to build it up again.

Sauna
20min 4min 4min
This is about as hard as any training session i've done! Think i'll take the heart rate monitor in next time - not sure if it's good to be able to hear your blood pumping in your ears.

Massage 
WIth Roberto (www.robertofitness.com) The first one since the race. He's off to work at the world championship athletics in Korea so I got it in before he left. He used this scraping thing on my achilles - 9/10 on the pain level!

No comments:

Post a Comment