Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 10 March 2012

Run

The slow long one - 32km 3hours, took it easy all the way - a few stops to buy power bars and drinks.


There's a great website/brand called fetch. I get the newsletter every month or so. Basically the bloke who runs it collects all the data runners have and draws out interesting statistics - The latest one was useful.
1.
Bottom line - run 5 x 19-20 miles in run up to marathon

2.
Slow runners do their long runs too fast/it's OK to do your long run relatively slowly. 
- a 3 hour marathon is 6min53s/mile Based on this my long run pace of 5min30s/km is a little slow, I need to start thinking about taking it under the 5min mark.

3. 
In training slow runners start fast and get slower. Fast runners speed up (slightly) 

No comments:

Post a Comment