Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 17 March 2012

Run - Track

6 x 1200m on 90seconds

My last track session was 3 weeks ago. I'd like to go more often. That session was 800m repeats so I increased it to 1200m toady with more recovery and kept the pace the same. Happy overall as I held my pace which means i'm in under 3hr marathon shape. I'd really like to improve my biomechanics, i'm very aware of where the errors are but can't seem to shift them.

The plan will be to do 1600m next time before repeating the cycle. Ideally i'd like to do 10km worth of work each time but that needs building towards if i'm to stay injury free.

I mistakenly had the average heart rate displaying instead of current - I thought i'd had an amazing increase in fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment