Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Turbo

Spin scan 30mins

This was really another rest day - Ella at work till 10pm so on Daddy duty. Turbo wise I did 40mins using the spin scan really easy intensity. Also some physio exercises.
Ella is taking the children up north for Easter and i'm going to decorate. Hopefully i'll get some longer sessions in as well - the swim is long overdue. 

There was a item on the one show tonight about too much exercise being bad for the heart. I thought it was a little irresponsible. It's been known for a long time that there's an increase in Atrial fibrillation in tour de france riders etc, and Norman Stadler needed heart surgery a few years ago. I went to a conference last year about it and don't think us mortals need to worry too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment