Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 8 April 2012

Turbo

Tripple 3's
Warm up 10mins
all at 250W - 3min 90rpm, 3min 65rpm, 3min out of saddle (55rpm)
then 50W 3min easy spinning recovery
x 5

Great to finish the decorating and get rid of the lethargy that seems to come with it. This session is a favourite of Gordo Bryn the one who writes "going long" - i've been wanting to try it out for a while.

It's easy to see getting out of the saddle is costly - a jump in heart rate for the same work. 

Still feeling like I should be doing a long run. Maybe tomorrow? The plan was to use the marathon as a long run. Getting a 18-20mile run in once every 4 weeks would then keep that side of things ticking along.

No comments:

Post a Comment