Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Run
5km - slow, just to pick up bike from train station
Cycle
20km - To see Olympic torch and commuting
Gym
Bit the bullet and joined the posh gym down the road. 10mins on treadmill seeing how fast and steep it will go - couple of mins at 20km/hr no problem there and I think it goes faster! 15% incline which is plenty.
- Weights - Squats, Calf raises, Eccentric hamstrings, External shoulder rotation, Glut presses (got some funny looks) Single leg squats, Golfers pick up with kettle bell.
Massage
30mins

No comments:

Post a Comment