Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Run

Fantastic weather - did the 10km scenic course I planned yesterday. My biggest problem was negotiating a heard of bulls that didn't look very friendly. Some kids swimming in the river shouted "they're not lions"

Two thirds was off road which i've lacked in London. Hopefully it'll be good for my technique - I felt very asymmetrical today, so a little daunted by the prospect of rebuilding the running towards something respectable.

More on Chrissie Wellington's book - you can see from her back ground a few physiological things that have contributed to her success. An early life on bulimia (not to be recommended) that has made her a big fat burner. Working in Nepal and mountain bike racing there - altitude training.

No comments:

Post a Comment