Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 14 June 2012

Run
2km in morning in vibrams

27km in afternoon, 3hours mainly exploring off road

Went over to Haughmond Hill - amazing to have this on the doorstep. There's a lot more of it to the east to explore, and a run down abbey that looks interesting.
There's a great little avenue of forest that leads up to the hill which in turn is connected to a path that takes you into town away from the traffic. 

This may be the last long run before the ironman itself. I got a bit of left knee ITB pain but it went after a while with some concentration on my form. 




No comments:

Post a Comment