Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 14 July 2012

Run
5km to gym
20min on treadmill 1% 15km/hr

Weights - TRX, various leg exercises from the book cycling anatomy I bought yesterday
Swim - 1km as 200 warm up, 200 1 arm, 200 sighting, 200 fists, 200 5 strokes/breath
Run - 5km home

That treadmill was hard today - heart rate hitting 160/min (usually low 150s for the same effort) I think this was due to the hard turbo the previous day. Right leg not right, drifting over the centre line with the usual hamstring ache towards the end.
Enjoyed trying out some exercises from the new book - the lunges were good and my asymmetry shows up in those as well - hopefully this could help improve it.

Another night shift tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment