Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 15 July 2012

Swim

Warm up and some drill
Set - 20 x 93m at 1m/sec pace on 31 sec recovery
Cool down

The plan was to go for a nice Sunday ride and key in my bike position for next weekend. The night at work was busy so it wasn't an option so slept all morning. Really happy with the swim. A 31m pool apparently hence the funny times and distances. Last time I couldn't keep on 31sec pace and had to give myself an extra second so great to stay on it this time.
- Found it much easier when;
1. Focused on rotating hips
2. Getting head back in when breathing well before hand entered the water - sort of uncoupling the movement that usually goes together but results in swinging over to the other side.

Ordered some new trainers and have just seen they are half a size bigger than usual - I messed up the sizing and used an chart from the internet and not amazon's own - not sure what to do - I'm veering on my new philosophy that if it's not right i'll learn - maybe they'll be better???
Loving the new books "cycling anatomy" and "running anatomy" - basically a load of gym based exercises - could have done with these in the winter.
Plan to get happy with the bike position tomorrow - may have to do it indoors as the weather forecast looks awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment