Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Massage 

Rollers 30min - after the massage to see if anything had changed. Moved the saddle up to where it used to be - I figure it's easier to bring my leg up and through if I give it more room.

Swim - 3km

1250m x2 on 30sec
250m x2 at 60 strokes a min and 65 strokes a min

Swim was great for the confidence - did the 1250m at a really comfortable pace. Had loads left for the last 250s.

There's a few bike issues I need to sort. I wanted to use the time trial bike but there's no way I can keep the position. The road bike has a wobbly crank - I used it last year but need to sort it this time - it's only a matter of time before it goes. It's just difficult to spend the money it deserves when I don't really need top of the range stuff anymore - not much time to research though.

No comments:

Post a Comment